A variety of different nutrients are crucial for our body to prevent cancer. The best way to beat cancer naturally is to adopt a life-style to prevent it. Healthy, nutrient-rich food is an essential part of any anti-cancer plan. Here are my picks for the top 5 minerals that help protect against cancer
1. Calcium: A proven protector against colon cancer, this mineral is integral for maintaining the health of bones and teeth, blood clotting, and cellular metabolism. Excellent sources include: nuts and seeds, carrot juice, dark green vegetables, salmon and sardines, sea fish.
2. Iodine: This mineral is found in sea salt. It helps protect the body from breast cancer and is required for energy and the growth and repair of healthy tissues. Salt fortified with high amount of Iodine is always better.
3. Magnesium: This mineral protects against cancer in general, maintains the pH balance of the blood, as well as aids the formation of your body’s genetic material–RNA and DNA. While damaged genetic material can put you at risk for cancer, magnesium helps with the repair work. It is found in many foods, including: nuts, fish, brown rice, whole grains, and green vegetables.
4. Selenium: This mineral help proper detoxification of the body. Because toxins/toxics build- up in the body is linked to cancer, hence assisting your body with its natural, ongoing detoxification processes helps lessen your risk of cancer. In research, low dietary levels of selenium have been correlated with higher cancer incidence. Supplementation with selenium is a valuable cancer prevention tool.
5. Zinc: A powerful protective agent against prostate cancer, this mineral is also necessary for the formation of RNA and DNA and a healthy immune system. And, you guessed it: a healthy immune system is better able to kill cancer cells. Zinc is found in pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, seafood, whole grains, soybeans, and onions.
It’s important to get a wide range of nutrients to fight off cancer, let’s start with some !!!