The healing methods of Ayurveda teaches how to maintain our health and wellbeing. Health cannot only be absence of sickness .This includes “Prassanna Atma Manah & Indriya” i.e. A Happy or Content state of our Soul, Mind & Senses.
Ayurveda recommends a variety of practical techniques for keeping a Healthy state of body, soul & senses if we can incorporate following few of the steps:
• Meditate on a regular basis: Studies are increasingly confirming the genetic changes that occur with regular meditation, which can help restore the body’s homeostasis, including the processes controlling digestion. To achieve maximum benefit, meditate for 20 to 30 minutes, twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening.
• Do some form of yoga every morning, or a daily walk.
• Don’t overeat: Ayurveda recommends that we leave one-third to one-quarter of our stomach empty to allow space for our body to easily digest our meal. If we eat food more than our stomach can accommodate, then adequate breakdown of food is not possible leading to indigestion.
• Eat your largest meal at lunchtime: Ayurveda says that our Agni i.e. digestive fire or power is strongest at noon between 12p.m. to 2p.m., so we must have a heavy meal in between this duration. Studies have shown that digestive juices are in high amount during noon.
• Focus on releasing negative emotions: Our emotions influence your digestion. You may get heartburn when you are under stress, loss of appetite when sad, feel nausea before a big exam or presentation. Research show that stress associated with negative emotions can inhibit the normal digestion process and lead to chronic digestive issues.
• Helping respiratory distress: If Respiratory system or cardiovascular system has to be maintained in healthy state one must solve condition of chronic Constipation. Ayurveda states that both are interrelated through Vata dosha.
“Applying a paste prepared of Ghee & Rock salt over chest & back will help to ease respiratory distress.”
“Helping Cough bouts: If a person suffers cough bouts wrapping a cotton scarf, sipping Luke warm water also helps.”
The outcome of recommended method of Ayurveda harmonizes Mental & Physical balance, resulting in regularization of Physiological & Metabolic activity in body.