The word cancer for people is the scariest thing in the world mostly because of lack of knowledge .What they need to understand is that Cancer is a preventable disease and on early detection is curable too.
One very important factors to avert the risk of cancer is Healthy Lifestyle.
1. Diet –A healthy diet is one that contains abundance of fresh, preferably organically grown fruits and vegetables. The daily diet should be rich in fiber and low fat. Protein intake should be moderate. Sugar, pickled salted, smoked, barbecued food, microwave cooked food, canned and processed food should be avoided. Food rich in antioxidants intake should be increased Most importantly meal should be taken at proper intervals, not much gap should be there in between the meals and should be of proper quantity. There should be at least five portions of meals in a day.
2. Physical Activities – Daily exercise or any form of physical activity such as brisk walking , jogging should be the essential part of one’s routine. Get at least Half an hour of activity each day, this helps to relieve stress and eliminate toxins in your body. These activities gives peaceful and healthy mind which help the body functions properly.
3. Family History --This cannot be changed but prevention strategy can be made by consulting a doctor who will plan a your screenings and also alert you with body related changes which should be reported immediately.
4. Say ‘NO’ to smoking, alcohol and tobacco—These deadly things destroys our immune system. 90% of lung cancer is caused by smoking. Alcohol consumption leads to oral , larynx, pharynx, liver, bowel cancer.
5. Environmental factors -. Exposure to carcinogenic chemicals in the environment can occur through drinking water and pollution of indoor or ambient air. So, try and keep you environment clean and pollution free. Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating. Use water which is purified via boiling , suspension of alam or UV purifier or RO.
6. Occupational Carcinogens - We should be aware of place where we work, so that we can take precaution accordingly.
7. Infections – There are few viruses and bacteria that can cause cancer.E.g Hepatitis B and C Human Papilloma Virus etc Preventive measures include vaccination and prevention of infection and infestation.
8. Screening (search of a disease)– This means testing of a person for the presence of a disease or other condition by means of test even if the person is asymptomatic. It leads to earlier diagnosis in specific cases. Early diagnosis may lead to extended life.
9. Monitoring yourself (self examination) –Everyone should be aware of their own body so that any abnormal change that can be noticed immediately and can be reported with priority for further action..
Cancer can be beaten. Take control of your life in your hands live healthy and prevent cancer.